Drapers' Maylands Primary School are looking for a caring and dedicated practitioner to support a child who has learning difficulties. The role involves supporting a child’s learning and developmental needs, working closely with the class teacher and Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator as required.
Experience of the following is desirable:
- Use of visual timetables
- Supporting children with language and processing difficulties, including the use of Speech and Language Programmes.
- Attended Positive Handling training within the last 3 years.
- Holds a current Paediatric First Aid certificate.
We require a person who:
- Has good skills in English (reading, written and oral) and mathematics.
- Is an excellent communicator, hard-working, creative, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Can work as part of a team and has a good sense of humour.
- Is able to follow direction but has the ability to use initiative to organise activities and tasks and able to create simple resources to support the child’s needs.
We can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to be part of a brand new school from the beginning.
- Polite and happy children who are eager to learn with supportive parents and carers.
- A team of supportive, dedicated and hard-working colleagues.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- A positive and happy working environment.
Learning Support Assistant to provide 1:1 support for a child with SEN
Grade: APTC Scale Point
Hours: 32.5 hours, term-time only
Drapers’ Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearnace and satisfactory employment references. Employees could also be asked to work in any Drapers’ Multi-Academy Trust location.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link. If you experience any technical difficulties, please call the support desk on 020 7427 8250 or email at email@example.com