Job start: September 2019 or sooner
Drapers’ Academy is now recruiting for an experienced Teacher of English. If you are ambitious, inspirational, creative and dedicated to improving the life chances of young people, then we want to hear from you. Experience of successfully teaching at Key Stage 5 is essential; our Sixth Form is growing and English Literature continues to be a popular post-16 choice. Some responsibility in this area is available for the right candidate. The successful applicant will have at least 3 years experience teaching English.
What we are looking for:
• A dynamic and experienced English teacher, holding QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree
• Experience of teaching English at Key Stages 3, 4 and of teaching English Literature at Key Stage 5
• An ambitious person with high expectations for yourself and your students
• Excellent subject knowledge
• Thorough knowledge of the new national curriculum
• Knowledge of new performance measures
• Good working knowledge of examination specifications
• Maintenance of good conduct and relationships
• Proven track record of delivering consistently good, and often outstanding, teaching and learning, and good outcomes for students
• In-depth knowledge of best practice in teaching, learning and assessment for, and of, learning
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence, trust and respect amongst staff, students and families
• Excellent oral and communication skills and confidence in the use of new technologies in the classroom
Drapers’ Academy has much to offer:
• A clear vision for our school to deliver high standards of education for its community
• State of the art campus surrounded by acres of countryside
• An environment that promotes innovation
• Committed and supportive Senior Leadership Team
• All staff receive an iPad
• Our own 6th Form dedicated to A Level teaching
• Membership of the Havering Teacher Training Partnership to support NQT induction, teacher training and CPD of staff at all levels
• An employer who invests in the development of their staff with a commitment to your ongoing professional development
• Close proximity to the M25 (Junction 28, Brentwood) and the A12 for ease of access from London, Kent, Essex or Hertfordshire and ample secure on-site parking
• Short bus journey from Harold Wood (Cross Rail) train station
• Committed sponsors – The Drapers Company and Queen Mary University of London
Drapers’ Academy is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
To find out more about Drapers’ Academy or our Trust please visit: www.drapersacademy.com or www.drapers-schools.com
Please email your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in the commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.
Further details about this post and an Application Form are available by visiting our school website.
Drapers’ Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link. If you experience any technical difficulties, please call the support desk on 020 7427 8250 or email at email@example.com